The Misa de Gallo (Simbang Gabi) is here! Faithfuls devote nine masses in the evening or at dawn until Christmas Eve!
One scheduled mass I am very fond about this year is the Simbang Gabi held at the newly renovated Chapel in Maysan which is at 6:45 PM. When many people coming home from their day jobs could conveniently attend service and partake in the Holy Eucharist.
The things I miss the most during this season is seeing the people flock towards the church for "Simbang Gabi", the cool breeze of the December wind while faint sounds of Christmas carols play as I walk in the dark at the early hours of day. Then after the mass, a feeling of bliss, smelling the pleasant aroma of steaming puto-bumbong and bibinka at the sidewalks...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I have put in more that a hundred entries in this blog site talking about the choir, its escapades and all, but never have I thought of wri...
-
MSC had a very nice rehearsal session today. We started tackling the SATB a capella piece of the song " The Prayer ". It has been ...
-
Just a few days after New Year, while all the people in this country are still in their holiday hangovers, the Matriarch of the Que family l...
-
Finally, the blogger is back to share what has happened to his beloved group these past few months! The summer of this year was really a ho...
-
We now come to the final stage of our three-day experience in the country of Macau... An uphill road leading to one of the famous land...

No comments:
Post a Comment
REACTIONS ARE WELCOME. BUT NOT VIOLENT ONES!