Friday, August 13, 2010

THE MAYSAN SENIOR CHOIR GRAND REUNION

Until now, I am still humbled by the fact that I am part of a choir that has been around for almost 40 years now. And it is indeed an honor to be the one teaching the members of this present generation.


On July, 2010, the first ever batch of MSC had a grand reunion which officially was started through a Thanksgiving Mass held at the newly renovated Maysan Chapel. This was the place where the people of Maysan started noticing the musical prowess of the Maysan Choir then. The mass was officiated by two of the priests who were such believers of MSC, Fr. Rolly Ang and my cousin Father Jigs Orcino. 


I used to just tag along as a kid with my cousin Ate Marit (ALTO),  who is one of the great pillars of the group. Before, all i ever wanted was to get a better view of the mass proceedings for the choir was placed on a loft above everybody else. But then, it grew on me and I started to gain interest in singing and music itself. I don't just go to the loft to get a good view of what's beneath me but I wanted to SING as well! And the rest is history...  



Anyways, the real dinner party followed after the Holy Mass at the Maysan Barangay Hall. Just a five-minute walk from the Maysan Chapel where the food was overwhelmingly abundant. There was a video presentation of memoirs of the group's highlights. Everyone was laughing and reminiscing. Hugging and kissing. Everyone was somehow thankful to be part of this legendary group. It was a memorable, fun-filled night indeed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

REACTIONS ARE WELCOME. BUT NOT VIOLENT ONES!

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews