Sunday, May 31, 2009

THE TRIO'S FINAL GIG? -- PRAISING GOD AMIDST ADVERSITY


Being the sentimental schmuck that I am, I couldn't help but gather as much memorabilia from Ate Josie and her daughter Angie before they leave for the U.S. in July this year. So on the Kerygma Feast yesterday, I asked a friend to take as much pictures of us singing together as she could so that I could have memorable materials to post on this blog about these two magnificent singers.


I've already posted about the sudden death of Ate Josie's Papa. And in spite of that, she still went on to attend to her duties as part of the Music Ministry on this night of prayer.

In relation with this, I remember a passage in the bible about the sisters, Martha and Mary...(Luke 10:38-42)
"...But Martha was distracted by her many tasks; so she came to him (Jesus) and asked, "Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to do all the work by myself? Tell her then to help me." But the Lord answered her,
"Martha, Martha, you are worried and distracted by many things; there is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part, which will not be taken away from her."


I know this is hard to understand, especially when you are in a position wherein you had to attend to a commitment in the middle of a crisis, more so, a death of a loved one. All I'm saying is that Ate Josie and Angie to me were like the Mary's of today for they opted for the ONLY CHOICE!
For sure, Jesus will do what is BEST for them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REACTIONS ARE WELCOME. BUT NOT VIOLENT ONES!

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews