Thursday, August 12, 2010

SISTER YOYO'S SILVER JUBILEE


On June 26, 2010, Sr. Yolanda Dionisio, celebrated her 25th Feast day as a nun at the Queen of Apostles Sanctuary (Daughters of Saint Paul).

How time flies, I realise, as I was trying to construct this entry. How twenty-five years ago, I used to spend a whole lot of time with Ate Yolly (as we, her cousins call her then). I would go to her place everyday after school and  practically stay there the whole afternoon. As a kid, I would have my lunch there, complete with shower, napping, the joyrides on their jeep or pick-up truck where ever, and even feeding their pet pigs and other livestocks. 

After a time, to a child's mind, for me it was as if she just disappeared! I never got to see her again. Little did I know that as we were hanging out fine together, she was already in for a calling that would change her life forever!


I remember going to this place in Pasay, where there were lots of ladies with their hair covered with blue veil. Much like the nuns I see in school except that the ones at school wore veils colored black! It was there that I found out, that Ate Yolly became a nun! 

And now after 25 years, MSC had the honor of being invited to this important day in Sister Yoyo's life. We sang for her at her Thanksgiving Mass which was attended by her whole Daughters of Saint Paul family and her invited friends and loved ones outside the convent. 


It is really admiring how people like them chose to spend their whole lives praying and serving the Lord...  I pray that my choir would have this same devotion in serving God in our own way...   


No comments:

Post a Comment

REACTIONS ARE WELCOME. BUT NOT VIOLENT ONES!

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews