Sunday, June 21, 2009

MSC SUMMER 2009 PART 5: SWIMMING IN THE RAIN

Figuring out how to devour a big, whole pot of Tito Oyet's Sinigang na Salmon sa Miso is like a no-brainer thingy for MSC! For four years now, it has been a tradition for him to cook this special dish as his way of throwing a birthday blow-out for us! The way it was hogged up by the members was so fast that I wasn't even able to take a picture of it for fear that this soupy-sour dish would run out!



After lunch, my mind struggled to decide whether to go upstairs and take a power nap before we hit the 4:00 PM limit (resort policy) or dive back into the pool since my mind was set to really get a tan ever since we planned this excursion. And the glassy-blue water of the swimming pool proved to be more inviting than the cot!


The sun was searing-hot, as well as the water (hot springs). Too hot for me to handle, almost. But just as I was about to give up from it, the sky went dark as if the clouds decided to converge directly above my balding head and I suddenly started feeling the cool breeze brushing my back. Then, before I could even say "uh-oh", the rain began to pour! And lo, the other sleepy-heads began to crawl out of their bunks and changed into their swimming gear in a jiffy to join my solo moment with the pool and rain!


The contrasting temperature was simply heaven! The cool rain, mixing with the hot water of the pool in a chaotic fashion is like a surprise of hot and cold sensations one after another! And the raindrops colliding with the net above the pool produce a gentle mist that further adds to the "spa-like" feeling that all of us felt that time. Even the pool slide was a box-office hit!


The rain lasted a few minutes, enough for us to linger a bit more. Then, it was time to face the bitter truth that this excursion is coming to a close...(continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment

REACTIONS ARE WELCOME. BUT NOT VIOLENT ONES!

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews